Thursday, September 6, 2018

Daisies in Disguise

Ardyth here, with an experiment! Last week I told you I was going to put the Daisy dies away for the winter, but then I got a great idea - I tried to make them into sunflowers!

I started with the Dancing Daisies coverplate, some Daisies and circles and blended Catherine Pooler inks onto them before layering them up. 

I also created a vibrant background using more Catherine Pooler inks and smooshing them onto a craft mat.

When I assembled it all, I didn't like how the layered daisies had petals hanging over the edge so I trimmed the 'frame' from the coverplate off the edge. That was tricky, since everything was already layered up. You can see where I had a bit of 'trouble' with the trimmer! LOL!

Here's a video:

A Jillian Vance Design products used:

Follow A Jillian Vance Design here:


Shirley A. said...

Love this card and I think it is perfect for this time of the year. Really enjoyed your video.

Helen Gullett said...

WOW! Ardyth, this is amazing!!!

Celeste Goff said...

Such an amazing card Ardyth!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your black Eyed Susan's are just fabulous Ardyth, beautifully watercoloured!