As promised, I'm back with another card made from AJVD's "Birthday Icons by Becky Schultea". I am having so much fun working with this set! I love to color balloons, so with a little masking, I was able to create quite the bouquet of balloons. Even though this set is geared towards birthdays, I'm thinking it would work well for upcoming graduations, don't you? Just color the balloons with the school's colors!
- Stamp the balloons bouquet from the Birthday Icons stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto X-Press It Cardstock. Mask by stamping the balloon bouquet onto a Post-It Note and cutting around the balloons. Adhere Post-It to the already stamped balloons and then stamp the balloons again, and again. This will give you the giant bouquet.
- Color with Copic markers. So fun to color balloons!
- Frame with black cardstock. Round two of the corners.
- Using patterned paper from Bella Blvd, form the layers of this card. Frame with black cardstock, and ultimately with yellow cardstock.
- Stamp the party hat, also from "Birthday Icons" with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It cardstock. Color with Copic markers and cut around the hat with detailed scissors.
- Stamp the sentiment, also from "Birthday Icons" with Versafine Onyx Black and frame with black cardstock.
- Add some slight Stickles highlights on the hats and the balloon ties.
If you haven't grabbed this set yet, get it. It is such fun to color the images and they are so handy when making a birthday card or any kind of celebration card.
Tune in next week...I just have to make a cupcake card!
Please find A Jillian Vance Design here: